Monday, May 1, 2017

The Dress

I decided to move from rooms into other subjects. This time I found a vintage photo of someone. I wanted to change the dress and found a floral pattern. Then I selected the area around the dress and went to the floral pattern layer and deleted that selected area.


After this I did select the area where there is some fabric that is tied around the dress. I found a picture of doillies  that were all different colors and formed a ring. I was going to add that where the fabric layer but decided not to because it was hard to tell what it was and was too busy. I really do love the photo just with only the floral pattern but I chose to add a little bit more. In the background where you see the street, I selected that area and brought in a picture of autumn leaves. I thought it would be a nice contrast from the spring like floral pattern on her dress. I was also going to put the autumn scenery in the window by the woman. But when I did this, I felt like it took away from the photo and decided to just keep the autumn scenery in the street. 

The Dress, Digital, Photoshop CC 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment